A day after shutting Milwaukee out by a score of 4-0, the Bucs came back on Sunday and got shutout 7-0. It was a pretty ugly game. It’s not worth recapping and you probably don’t want to hear all about it, but here are a few highlights:
– Erik Bedard went just 4.2 innings and gave up six runs on six hits.
– Former Pirate Aramis Ramirez hit a two-run homer.
– Carlos Gomez hit a three-run bomb.
– Mark Rogers held the Bucs to just three hits over five inning.
– Kevin Correia threw 2.1 innings out of the bullpen, giving up one run.
– Hisanori Takahashi made his Pirates-debut, pitching one scoreless inning.
Really deflating loss, but the next three games against the Cardinals. The Bucs could very well be out of contention by next weekend, but a series win, or even sweep, would keep them right in the hunt.
Pirates (68-59) – Brewers (59-67)
Win: Rogers (2-1)
Loss: Bedard (7-14)