- Ali Solis (claimed off waivers)
- Felix Pie (signed as free agent)
- Zach Stewart (acquired via trade from BOS)
- Clint Robinson (acquired via trade from KC)
- Vin Mazzaro (acquired via trade from KC)
- Russell Martin (signed as free agent)
- Jason Grilli (re-signed)
- Mike Zagurski (signed as free agent)
- Andrew Oliver (acquired via trade from DET)
- Ivan De Jesus (acquired via trade from BOS)
- Stolmy Pimentel (acquired via trade from BOS)
- Mark Melancon (acquired via trade from BOS)
- Jerry Sands (acquired via trade from BOS)
- Francisco Liriano (signed as free agent)
- Jeff Clement (DFA; signed by Twins)
- Eric Fryer (DFA; signed by Twins)
- Daniel McCutchen (signed by Orioles)
- Hisanori Takahashi (released)
- Kevin Correia (signed by Twins)
- Chad Qualls (elected free agency)
- Rod Barajas (elected free agency)
- Chris Resop (traded to OAK)
- Yamaico Navarro (traded to BAL)
- Brock Holt (traded to BOS)
- Joel Hanrahan (traded to BOS)
*Moves that could potentially impact MLB roster. All transactions can be viewed HERE.
In your opinion, have the Pirates improved this offseason? Please cast your vote, and feel free to let us know your thoughts either in the comments section or on Twitter.
The Washington Nationals come to town for a three game series Tuesday – Thursday, which means that young stud Bryce Harper will be playing at PNC Park.
In his eight big league games, Harper is hitting .308 with 3 RBI and 5 doubles. He has yet to hit his first major league home run, which could come at PNC Park.
On ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball, Harper took center stage when the Nationals faced the Phillies. Cole Hamels hit Harper with a 93 mph fastball on the first pitch that he threw him (video HERE). Hamels, instead of avoiding the situation, came out and directly stated that it was intentional, saying “I was trying to hit him. I’m not going to deny it. It’s something I grew up watching. That’s what happened. I’m just trying to continue the old baseball.” Harper responded with a slick steal of home (video HERE). He then made a nice catch to prevent a run later in the game (video HERE), and then collected a hustle double in the eighth (video HERE).
However, baseball fans around the country are not sold on Bryce Harper. Many believe that he is too arrogant and refuse to like him; others believe that he’s a real talent and plays the game hard. We’re torn on him, as one of us has jumped on the Harper bandwagon while the other believes that his personality taints his talent.
How do YOU feel about Bryce Harper? Please take a moment and vote on our newest poll:
Disagree with these options? Leave your opinion in the comments below.